This workshop aims to empower women in leadership roles to better understand and navigate the challenges of menopause. It will cover topics such as an overview of the progression of our hormone dance leading up to and into menopause, surviving and thriving through Menopause at work, the physical and emotional symptoms of menopause, its impact on workplace productivity and relationships, understand more fully what is happening in their body, stress management tools, how to get the right support at work and how to effectively manage and smooth changes in this transition time of life through common sense practices. By the end of the course, learners will have a comprehensive understanding of menopause and have created their own wellness plan to effectively manage their own symptoms and optimize their mind and body function, as well as how to survive and thrive through menopause and lead and manage their teams effectively while going through menopause.
- An overview of the progression of our hormone dance leading up to and into menopause
- The physical and emotional symptoms of menopause
- The impact of menopause on workplace productivity and relationships
- Gain a practical understanding what is happening in the body and why
- How to effectively manage and smooth changes in this transition time of life through common sense practices
- Testing that can be helpful in understanding the production and metabolism of one’s hormones and the mythelaticn pathways being used and why this is important.
- Foods to include and exclude to support the body and hormones
- Supplements that can be helpful to ease symptoms and begin to address why this is happening in the body.
- Participants will create their own wellness plan to effectively manage their own symptoms and optimize their mind and body function
Featuring Our Speakers
Founder and CEO
Melissa Rose, AFMP, CHHC, AADP is an Applied Functional Medicine Practitioner specializing in autoimmune disease, complex illness, mystery illness, and rare autoimmune conditions. With over 1000 clients served, Melissa has established herself as a high-level practitioner for advanced autoimmune clients at Autoimmune Recovery. She is also the Founder and CEO of Sagebrush Wellness and Autoimmune Recovery.org. Melissa is a published author, educator, and practitioner mentor. As a sought after speaker, she has been a featured autoimmune panelist as well as an experts panel moderator. She has made notable appearances both internationally and in the United States, including at the annual CellCore Conference, Women Thrive Talks hosted in Valencia Spain, the Symptom Free MS Summit, and the MS Fitness Challenge.
Melissa has been featured on various podcasts including Peeling the Onion, Live Wellthy, and Thrive Women! She is the host of the Reimagine Autoimmune Recovery Summit and conducts a monthly Autoimmune Recovery Experts Panel and educational webinars. Melissa’s expertise and dedication have made her a trusted resource in the field of functional medicine.
As a AFMC Board Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Melissa is a sought-after clinician. She is skilled in a variety of cutting-edge progressive testing. She uses symptoms, test results, and personal/family history to get to the root of the disease process for her clients. As a team, she and the client work synergistically to create a plan addressing imbalance in the body. She provides innovative care, coaching, education and encouragement, throughout their journey. Her goal for each client is sustainable wellness.
Who should attend?
The workshop aims to empower women in leadership roles to better understand and navigate the challenges of menopause. Individuals who will benefit the most from this workshop are women between the ages of 38 and 60 who are in pre menopause, peri-menopause and post menopause who wish to manage and improve the symptoms they are experiencing. Women who have had a hysterectomy, partial or full, or have experienced early menopause as a result of medication or trauma will also benefit.
- The gift of menopause: What is happening in the body and how we are being released into our strongest, most balanced, most wise state of being.
- Surviving and Thriving through Menopause at work.
- How to lead and Manage your team effectively while you are going through menopause in the workplace. The physical, emotional, and cognitive symptoms associated with menopause present unique challenges for leaders.
- Introduction to functional medicine and a commonsense approach to addressing health concerns.
- How can you KNOW what your hormone production levels are? Is your body effectively metabolizing hormones, and what methylation pathways are being used? Why this is key information to understanding what you need to optimize your current life experience.