In today’s competitive business environment of downsizing, tight budgets, and reduced resources, contract insourcing and outsourcing have become increasingly effective business tools in helping to achieve productivity gains and increase profitability.
As a manager, the responsibility rests with you to ensure your organisation effectively negotiates, manages, and monitors SLAs in key areas of the business. Formal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between the customer and the provider of a service are one of the keystones of management. They protect both customer and supplier. They are as appropriate to in-house services as they are to a commercial service. By embracing the business case of the customer, SLAs can help to justify investment, ease capacity and resources planning, justify resource, and establish appropriate value and quality. Establishing your SLA a complex undertaking where it is the only proof and description of what you receive in an outsourcing deal. The SLA records a common understanding about services, priorities, responsibilities, guarantees, and warranties, it is a significant tool for managing expectations, improving communications, clarifying responsibilities, and providing an objective basis for assessing service effectiveness
This masterclass is particularly suitable for those wishing to develop SLAs for any support service. Thus, developing Service Level Agreements has become a key component in the drive to ensure that your support services are properly and effectively delivered. It has been specifically designed to equip you with the skills required to effectively manage your Service Level Agreements through mitigating risks and challenges involved in SLAs, structuring and drafting the agreement as well as establishing and measuring key performance indicators in your SLAs.
This masterclass consists of two intensive days of pragmatic methods that includes numerous interactive exercises and a case study designed to assist you in determining the best and most effective SLA techniques for your organisation. You will discover how to build a comprehensive and solid business framework for establishing a SLA. This hands-on masterclass sets out to provide a sound, practical guide to establishing and managing the ongoing SLA, allowing the participant to work step by step through the processes.
- Identify your key stakeholders and effectively manage their expectations
- Determine the key clauses that should be included in an SLA
- Learn the intricacies of negotiating SLAs
- Handle multiple vendor cross-over
- Strategies in mediation as a dispute resolution procedure
- Discover the keys in drafting effective SLA agreements
- Identify the key terms of the contract to maximize value from your SLAs
- Understand the entire contract life-cycle from creation to disengagement
- Evaluate performance measurement methods and how to deal with them
- Learn how to exit your SLAs without severing business relationships
- Understand the scope of dispute resolution mechanisms and remedies available.
Who should attend?
Directors, Managers, Consultants and Officers responsible for:
- Service Level Agreements
- Information Technology
- Purchasing & Supply
- Outsourcing Arrangements
- Facilities Management
- Computer Services
- Systems & Application
- Network and Communication
- Customer Support
- Perfecting your SLA Preparation through Enhanced SLA Modelling
- Assessing the Legal Implications of SLAs in Order to Thoroughly Understand and Adhere to the SLA that has Been Implemented
- Area Focus: Gaining a practical insight into service levels for IT&T services
- Creating a Deﬁnite Scope for your Service Level Agreements through the Inclusion of Relevant Clauses
- Mastering Effective Negotiations in Order for Both Parties to Mutually Beneﬁt from the Agreement
- Measuring Performance Value by Using Parameters to Assess the Level of Service Being Provided
- Managing SLA Maturity and Termination Effectively
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) – Relationship to Business Execution and Performance Evaluation