Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra (GMT+11): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+10:30): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Brisbane (GMT+10):8am to 4pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 6am to 2pm
New Zealand (GMT+13): 11am to 7pm
More than ever, government departments and agencies across the across the nation are facing increased pressure to show measurable results to citizens. Managing for results is the backbone of a successful, innovative, high-performing government agency. Using performance measures to track past performance and forecast future outcomes is critical to results.
Measurement helps to clarify people’s responsibilities, forms a sound, logical basis upon which to allocate resources, and ensures a goal-oriented focus for mission execution. Tracking the performance of your organization requires effective systems, a dedication to high-caliber performance and an understanding of how measurement is the key accountability tool for reaching goals in your strategic plan. It’s difficult, but well worth the effort. When your strategic efforts are aligned with your measurement processes, your organization’s success rate increases. Without effective performance tracking and measurement, you cannot correct mistakes you may not even know you are making.
Since performance information is being used to make budget allocations in today’s increasingly tight times, it is crucial to stay on track and link performance to resources as well as results.
Improving Government Outcomes and Performance Measurement Virtual Masterclass will enable delegates to learn proven strategies, cutting edge techniques and innovative performance measurement solutions to help you do more with less and drive a performance culture in your government organisation.
- Embedding outcomes based approaches in government
- Aligning performance measurement with outcomes and strategy
- Identifying best practice approaches on the journey of integrating outcomes based approaches
- Setting clear priorities & measurable performance expectations
- Establishing the right indicators & using data to monitor progress
- Overcoming the challenges of outcomes & performance measurement with effective tools, methods & implementation
- Fostering a robust relationship with diverse stakeholders both internally & externally
- Strategising to lead through change & grow an outcomes focused culture in your organisation
Who should attend?
Directors, Managers, Executives and other leaders of Federal and State Government Departments and Agencies who are responsible for:
- Corporate Services
- Project, Portfolio and Program Management
- Driving Strategic Outcomes Based Approaches and Delivering Real Value
- Develop Strategic Goals and Measures to Support Your Organisational Priorities and Measure Your Success
- Embedding an Outcomes-Based Integrated Strategic Planning Approach
- Sustaining an Energised and Engaged Workforce to Deliver Results
- Manoeuvring from Outputs to Outcomes
- Performance Measurement: How to Do it and Use it?
- Overcoming the Practical Challenges of Outcomes and Performance Measurement
- Building the Right Tools and Frameworks to Establish Outcomes Based Approaches in Planning and Reporting