Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane (GMT+10): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+9:30): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 7am to 3pm
New Zealand (GMT+12): 11am to 7pm
In this contract management course, you will gain the concepts, skills and knowledge required to manage the implementation, management, monitoring and closing of contracts. You will gain an understanding of the contract lifecycle and explore how to establish effective contracts, manage the contract relationship, monitor performance and deal with underperformance so that your organisation acquires services or products at a fair price with agreed quality. Separately, this course will also focus on establishing contract requirements and assessing risks in contracts. The course will explore how contract risk assessment should be carried out and the common errors made with contract risk assessments.
Separately, in this contract management course, you will also obtain an understanding of recent legal developments in the context of contract management and administration. We will explore the recent case law developments and legislative updates in the areas of contracting and contracting risk assessments.
Furthermore, this course will also explore the common pitfalls made in contract management and administration and the steps that should be taken to avoid these pitfalls.
This course aims to provide you an overview of the contract management lifecycle, enabling you to confidently manage this process on behalf of your organisation. At the end of this course, you will learn the following:
- describe the fundamental concepts underpinning contract management
- explain the contract lifecycle
- identify and manage contract risk
- identify contract requirements and select the appropriate contractor or supplier
- monitor and review contract performance
- resolve conflict
- manage contract variations.
Featuring Our Speakers
Goran is a partner (Group Head) in the infrastructure/projects group in DWF (Sydney). Goran’s work focuses on construction, infrastructure and projects across all sectors and industries. Goran has extensive experience in a variety of contract structures as well as procurement documentation and issues. Goran’s work also focuses on asset divestment and privatisation and advising on associated regulatory issues. Goran also has extensive government experience (Local, State and Federal). Goran also has extensive renewable energy experience.
Goran is one of the leading Australian lawyers in Building Information Modelling (BIM).
Goran was a finalist as a Partner of the Year (Australian Law Awards 2019). Goran received the Senior Associate of the Year award (Australian Law Awards 2016).
Who should attend?
The follow individuals should attend this course:
- Contract administrators
- Team leaders in a procurement/purchasing environment
- Contract managers
- Project team members
- Administrators of purchasing and procurement activities
- Managers and supervisors who manage contractors
- Contract management – covering the basics at the beginning of your contract
- Establishing contract requirements – what are they and common pitfalls
- The contract – what it’s included and what isn’t
- How to negotiate your contracts effectively
- Contract maintenance – how to run your contract without trouble
- Contract variation – how to claim variations properly and common issues with variations’
- Contract close – how to end your contract smoothly