The building, infrastructure and construction sector faces unique challenges when it comes to legal duties and responsibilities.
This masterclass is designed for practitioners in the construction industry interested in the basic principles of construction law. It will review general rights and obligations of contractors and employers, as well as time, payment, SOP and dispute related issues in construction contracts. It is principally designed for non-lawyers in the construction industry but lawyers seeking an introduction to this area may also be interested.
This masterclass also seeks to provide an introduction to the legal problems arising out of construction contracts. Many construction contracts are of high value and involve many parties: the customer (employer, principal); a (main) contractor; sub-contractors; suppliers and a range of professional advisers (architects, engineers, quantity surveyors). The interests of these parties often diverge and disputes are common.
Construction Law in 8 Hours Masterclass is a one stop for all updates including HR & OHS compliance, managing contractors and consultants, insurance and liabilities, contractual risks and concerns, as well as procurement and tender management.
- Understand the basics of contract law – intention, offer, acceptance, consideration, capacity and legality
- Stay up to date on the latest industry developments
- Discuss the state of current security of payment regime
- Overcome legal issues in BIM
- Ensure effective compliance with the latest changes
- Learn how to minimise your risk in the tender process
- Deal with damages for breach of contracts in construction
- Understand the dispute resolution process – negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Assess how to best manage disputes in construction contracts
- Avoid disputes in construction
- Understand the types of insurance used in construction and manage risk through effective insurance
- Examine consultants liabilities
Who should attend?
- Contract Managers
- Construction Managers
- Project Managers
- Quantity surveyors
- Site Managers
- Private Owners & Developers
- In-house legal teams
- Government Agencies and Public Owners
- Engineering and construction dispute panel
- Understanding the Fundamental Elements of a Contract
- Avoiding Disputes In Construction
- Minimising Risk In The Tender Process
- Managing Risk Through Effective Insurance
- Managing Risk In Construction Contracts
- Keeping everyone safe on the job
- Dealing With Damages For Breach Of Contracts In Construction
- Managing risk during the procurement and contracting process
- Examining Consultants Liabilities