Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra (GMT+11): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+10:30): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Brisbane (GMT+10):8am to 4pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 6am to 2pm
New Zealand (GMT+13): 11am to 7pm
Your hard-earned knowledge and research deserve to be shared effectively. And your audience in person and online expects to be engaged and understand what you’re saying and why its important to them.
This applies to your colleagues as well as key decision makers – science researchers, journalists, policy makers, public, business investors, stakeholders and non-expert audiences you want or need to reach.
If you want to develop your story, design impactful content, and deliver your thoughts, visions and ideas in a way that arouses interest, drives engagement, and drives action, we can help.
This course will help scientists, researchers, and academics develop the skills they need to communicate clearly, effectively, and authentically, in person and online – in print, video, images, animation or live presentations
When scientists learn better communication skills, they not only convey their research to a broader audience but also become better connected to their own scientific communities.
- Identify and apply the process of communicating science with key decision makers.
- Critically analyse scientific communication from a variety of sources
- Evaluate and justify the choice and effectiveness of different scientific, business and public media communication channels targeting a range of audiences.
- Analyse and synthesise scientific information in order to develop and convey appropriate key messages from scientific information.
- Apply a range of different communication channels and technologies to enhance scientific communication and employ-ability skills
- Design and produce a strategic communication strategy
- Understand the use and abuse of PowerPoint and other new presentation technologies and trends
- Wider knowledge of the use of the latest in audio visual techniques including Video, Animation, Podcasting and more
Featuring Our Speakers
Your Business 2.0
I help businesses of the present understand the future …. and businesses of the future understand the present.
For more than 50 years I have worked with and for entrepreneurs and innovators building National and Multi-National Businesses and along the way coached, managed, and mentored Media Personalities, World Champion athletes and Olympic Medalists. After a lengthy career in Technology, Sales and Marketing, Media and Communications I am now helping people develop their Creativity and introduce Disruptive Innovation in their business and their Life.
I believe in helping people develop their creative, critical thinking and problem-solving capacity along with other cognitive, social and behavioral skills while helping develop their digital literacy and leveraging their business knowledge and skills. The aim being to encourage people to work with robots (e.g. Artificial Intelligence) rather than be replaced by them (Automation) As a Co-Founder and RingMaster at See Global Media (Singapore) I am developing opportunities for innovative media businesses in IPTV and Digital Signage in China and across Asia, working closely with the world’s biggest brands and media/advertising companies.
As a Keynote Speaker I have spoken at events to a varied of audiences in Aust, Asia and the USA. Recently being voted best speaker for his “Taking Innovation to Your Street” presentation at the Mainstreet Annual Conference. Now I am the Exec Producer and Co Host of a Streaming TV show produced from our Moonshots studios Your Business 2.0. I also present a weekly Radio program on the International Business Growth Network (IBGR.network) going live into 171 countries around the world. The focus is on Encore Entrepreneurs – people who want to start a new business but don’t know how or don’t have the confidence to commit to their Dreams! Having been diagnosed with a very advanced case of Prostate Cancer over 2 years ago and given up to 5 years to live I am now proving Cancer can be prevented, reversed and lived with using with a Body, Mind and Soul approach to Metabolic Health – Rather than resort to surgery and chemicals (Chemotherapy etc) I am helping my body heal itself.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for scientists and researchers who wish to communicate the results and theory of their field(s) of study to the public.
This includes graduate and postgraduate students, academic staff of all career levels, and scientists not working in academia.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Design and arrange small-scale public science communication events
- Understand the role of traditional and social media in the communication of science
- Improve your science communication activities by understanding the Message and the Medium – clearly identifying the target audiences, messages and stories
- Identify the Best and Most Appropriate approach to communicating with the desired audiences